Hit enter after type your search item
Wzy Word

HERE ARE THE WORLD'S NEWS

Trump, Dems Reach Coronavirus Relief Deal As National Emergency Is Declared | The 11th Hour | MSNBC

/
/
/
352 Views
img

NIGHT >>> GOOD EVENING ONCE AGAIN FROM >>> GOOD EVENING ONCE AGAIN FROM OUR NBC NEWS HEADQUARTERS HERE OUR NBC NEWS HEADQUARTERS HERE IN NEW YORK

IN NEW YORK I’M ALI DEVELOP SLI IN FOR BRIAN I’M ALI DEVELOP SLI IN FOR BRIAN WILLIAMS WILLIAMS IT IS DAY 1,149 OF THE TRUMP IT IS DAY 1,149 OF THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION ADMINISTRATION

235 DAYS TO GO UNTIL THE 2020 235 DAYS TO GO UNTIL THE 2020 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION WE END A VERY DIFFICULT WEEK ON WE END A VERY DIFFICULT WEEK ON THE VERGE OF A NEW PHASE IN THE THE VERGE OF A NEW PHASE IN THE EFFORT TO STOP THE SPREAD OF EFFORT TO STOP THE SPREAD OF CORONAVIRUS AS PRESIDENT TRUMP CORONAVIRUS AS PRESIDENT TRUMP DECLARES THE PANDEMIC A NATIONAL DECLARES THE PANDEMIC A NATIONAL EMERGENCY AND AS THE HOUSE EMERGENCY AND AS THE HOUSE REACHES A DEAL WITH THE WHITE REACHES A DEAL WITH THE WHITE HOUSE ON AN ECONOMIC RELIEF HOUSE ON AN ECONOMIC RELIEF PACKAGE PACKAGE DONALD TRUMP MADE HIS DONALD TRUMP MADE HIS DECLARATION IN A ROSE GARDEN DECLARATION IN A ROSE GARDEN ADDRESS SURROUNDED BY MULTIPLE ADDRESS SURROUNDED BY MULTIPLE CEOs AND SENIOR ADMINISTRATION CEOs AND SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICIALS

OFFICIALS THIS MARKED THE FIRST TIME HE’D THIS MARKED THE FIRST TIME HE’D SPOKEN AT LENGTH ABOUT THE VIRUS SPOKEN AT LENGTH ABOUT THE VIRUS AS A DOMESTIC CRISIS, AS A AS A DOMESTIC CRISIS, AS A PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS, AS OPPOSED PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS, AS OPPOSED TO SOMETHING BEYOND OUR BORDERS TO SOMETHING BEYOND OUR BORDERS THAT NEEDED TO BE KEPT OUT THAT NEEDED TO BE KEPT OUT IT ALSO MARKED A CHANGE IN TONE IT ALSO MARKED A CHANGE IN TONE FROM THE OVAL OFFICE SPEECH THAT FROM THE OVAL OFFICE SPEECH THAT HE GAVE ON WEDNESDAY NIGHT HE GAVE ON WEDNESDAY NIGHT

>> I AM OFFICIALLY DECLARING A >> I AM OFFICIALLY DECLARING A NATIONAL EMERGENCY NATIONAL EMERGENCY TWO VERY BIG WORDS TWO VERY BIG WORDS THE ACTION I AM TAKING WILL OPEN THE ACTION I AM TAKING WILL OPEN UP ACCESS TO UP TO $50 BILLION UP ACCESS TO UP TO $50 BILLION OF VERY IMPORTANTLY — VERY OF VERY IMPORTANTLY — VERY IMPORTANT AND A LARGE AMOUNT OF IMPORTANT AND A LARGE AMOUNT OF MONEY FOR STATES AND TERRITORIES MONEY FOR STATES AND TERRITORIES OR LOCALITIES

OR LOCALITIES IN FURTHERANCE OF THE ORDER, I’M IN FURTHERANCE OF THE ORDER, I’M URGING EVERY STATE TO SET UP URGING EVERY STATE TO SET UP EMERGENCY OPERATION CENTERS EMERGENCY OPERATION CENTERS EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY WE’VE BEEN WORKING VERY HARD ON WE’VE BEEN WORKING VERY HARD ON THIS THIS

WE’VE MADE TREMENDOUS PROGRESS WE’VE MADE TREMENDOUS PROGRESS >> WALL STREET RALLIED ON THE >> WALL STREET RALLIED ON THE NEWS OF TRUMP’S DECLARATION NEWS OF TRUMP’S DECLARATION THE DOW GAINING NEARLY 2,000 THE DOW GAINING NEARLY 2,000 POINTS, ALMOST 10%, WIPING OUT POINTS, ALMOST 10%, WIPING OUT MOST OF YESTERDAY’S HISTORIC MOST OF YESTERDAY’S HISTORIC LOSS

LOSS AND THEN LESS THAN — A COUPLE AND THEN LESS THAN — A COUPLE OF HOURS AFTER THAT, HOUSE OF HOURS AFTER THAT, HOUSE SPEAKER NANCY PELOSI ANNOUNCED SPEAKER NANCY PELOSI ANNOUNCED THAT SHE’D REACHED A DEAL WITH THAT SHE’D REACHED A DEAL WITH THE TREASURY SECRETARY STEVE THE TREASURY SECRETARY STEVE MNUCHIN ON A CORONAVIRUS MNUCHIN ON A CORONAVIRUS RESPONSE PACKAGE TO PROVIDE PAID RESPONSE PACKAGE TO PROVIDE PAID LEAVE FOR WORKERS, EXPAND FOOD LEAVE FOR WORKERS, EXPAND FOOD AID, AND WIDESPREAD FREE TESTING AID, AND WIDESPREAD FREE TESTING FOR THE ILLNESS FOR THE ILLNESS IT DOES NOT INCLUDE SOMETHING IT DOES NOT INCLUDE SOMETHING THAT THE PRESIDENT HAD BEEN THAT THE PRESIDENT HAD BEEN DEMANDING, AND THAT IS A PAYROLL DEMANDING, AND THAT IS A PAYROLL TAX CUT TAX CUT

TONIGHT TRUMP SENT OUT THIS TONIGHT TRUMP SENT OUT THIS MESSAGE MESSAGE QUOTE, I FULLY SUPPORT FAMILIES QUOTE, I FULLY SUPPORT FAMILIES FIRST CORONAVIRUS RESPONSE ACT FIRST CORONAVIRUS RESPONSE ACT I ENCOURAGE ALL REPUBLICANS AND I ENCOURAGE ALL REPUBLICANS AND DEMOCRATS TO COME TOGETHER AND DEMOCRATS TO COME TOGETHER AND VOTE YES

VOTE YES LOOK FORWARD TO SIGNING THE LOOK FORWARD TO SIGNING THE FINAL BILL ASAP FINAL BILL ASAP LATE TONIGHT THE HOUSE LEADERS LATE TONIGHT THE HOUSE LEADERS FROM BOTH PARTIES WERE IN FROM BOTH PARTIES WERE IN AGREEMENT ABOUT THE IMPORTANCE AGREEMENT ABOUT THE IMPORTANCE OF THE LEGISLATION OF THE LEGISLATION

>> WE COULD HAVE PASSED OUR BILL >> WE COULD HAVE PASSED OUR BILL YESTERDAY, JUST OUR OWN BILL, YESTERDAY, JUST OUR OWN BILL, WHICH WAS A GREAT BILL AND IS WHICH WAS A GREAT BILL AND IS STILL A GREAT BILL BECAUSE STILL A GREAT BILL BECAUSE THAT’S WHAT WE’RE PASSING TODAY THAT’S WHAT WE’RE PASSING TODAY BUT WE THOUGHT IT WOULD BE BUT WE THOUGHT IT WOULD BE IMPORTANT TO SHOW THE AMERICAN IMPORTANT TO SHOW THE AMERICAN PEOPLE, ASSURE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE, ASSURE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE THAT WE ARE WILLING AND PEOPLE THAT WE ARE WILLING AND ABLE TO WORK TOGETHER TO GET A ABLE TO WORK TOGETHER TO GET A JOB DONE FOR THEM JOB DONE FOR THEM SO WE THANK OUR REPUBLICANS, SO WE THANK OUR REPUBLICANS, THOSE WHO WILL BE SUPPORTING THE THOSE WHO WILL BE SUPPORTING THE BILL

BILL WE APPRECIATE THE PRESIDENT WE APPRECIATE THE PRESIDENT JOINING US WITH HIS TWEET JOINING US WITH HIS TWEET >> DO YOU THINK SPEAKER PELOSI >> DO YOU THINK SPEAKER PELOSI HANDLED THESE NEGOTIATIONS WELL HANDLED THESE NEGOTIATIONS WELL FROM HER SIDE? FROM HER SIDE? >> YEAH, I THINK AT THE END OF >> YEAH, I THINK AT THE END OF THE DAY, YES THE DAY, YES

I GIVE HER CREDIT I GIVE HER CREDIT I GIVE THE ADMINISTRATION I GIVE THE ADMINISTRATION CREDIT CREDIT I GIVE EVERYBODY INVOLVED

I GIVE EVERYBODY INVOLVED WE HAVE A BETTER PRODUCT TODAY WE HAVE A BETTER PRODUCT TODAY BECAUSE WE WAITED BECAUSE WE WAITED WE LOOKED AT IT, AND WE WORKED WE LOOKED AT IT, AND WE WORKED TOGETHER TOGETHER

>> THE NUMBER OF CORONAVIRUS >> THE NUMBER OF CORONAVIRUS CASES IN THE UNITED STATES IS CASES IN THE UNITED STATES IS NOW MORE THAN 2,000 WITH 50 NOW MORE THAN 2,000 WITH 50 DEATHS DEATHS THE WHITE HOUSE HAS BEEN TAKING THE WHITE HOUSE HAS BEEN TAKING CONTINUED FIRE OVER THE NATION’S CONTINUED FIRE OVER THE NATION’S SLOW RATE OF CORONAVIRUS SLOW RATE OF CORONAVIRUS TESTING TESTING THIS MORNING NEW YORK’S FIRST THIS MORNING NEW YORK’S FIRST CORONAVIRUS DRIVE-THROUGH CORONAVIRUS DRIVE-THROUGH TESTING CENTER OPENED IN NEW TESTING CENTER OPENED IN NEW ROCHELLE, THE WESTCHESTER COUNTY ROCHELLE, THE WESTCHESTER COUNTY TOWN WITH THE NATION’S LARGEST TOWN WITH THE NATION’S LARGEST CLUSTER OF COVID-19 CASES

CLUSTER OF COVID-19 CASES AT THE WHITE HOUSE, TRUMP TOUTED AT THE WHITE HOUSE, TRUMP TOUTED EFFORTS TO EXPAND SUCH TESTS EFFORTS TO EXPAND SUCH TESTS WHILE ALSO FIELDING QUESTIONS WHILE ALSO FIELDING QUESTIONS ABOUT HIS ROLE IN THE INITIAL ABOUT HIS ROLE IN THE INITIAL RESPONSE TO THE OUTBREAK RESPONSE TO THE OUTBREAK >> WE’VE BEEN IN DISCUSSIONS >> WE’VE BEEN IN DISCUSSIONS WITH PHARMACIES AND RETAILERS TO WITH PHARMACIES AND RETAILERS TO MAKE DRIVE-THRU TESTS AVAILABLE MAKE DRIVE-THRU TESTS AVAILABLE

THE GOAL IS FOR INDIVIDUALS TO THE GOAL IS FOR INDIVIDUALS TO BE ABLE TO DRIVE UP AND BE BE ABLE TO DRIVE UP AND BE SWABBED WITHOUT HAVING TO LEAVE SWABBED WITHOUT HAVING TO LEAVE YOUR CAR YOUR CAR >> DR FAUCI SAID EARLIER THIS >> DR FAUCI SAID EARLIER THIS WEEK THAT THE LAG IN TESTING WEEK THAT THE LAG IN TESTING WAS, IN FACT, A FAILING

WAS, IN FACT, A FAILING DO YOU TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR DO YOU TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THAT? THAT? >> YEAH >> YEAH NO, I DON’T TAKE RESPONSIBILITY NO, I DON’T TAKE RESPONSIBILITY AT ALL AT ALL

>> THAT WAS THEN FOLLOWED BY >> THAT WAS THEN FOLLOWED BY THIS QUESTION ON TRUMP’S THIS QUESTION ON TRUMP’S DECISION TO SHRINK THE WHITE DECISION TO SHRINK THE WHITE HOUSE NATIONAL SECURITY STAFF HOUSE NATIONAL SECURITY STAFF AND GET RID OF AN OFFICE TO AND GET RID OF AN OFFICE TO ADDRESS GLOBAL PANDEMICS ADDRESS GLOBAL PANDEMICS >> YOU SAID THAT YOU DON’T TAKE >> YOU SAID THAT YOU DON’T TAKE RESPONSIBILITY, BUT YOU DID RESPONSIBILITY, BUT YOU DID DISBAND THE WHITE HOUSE PANDEMIC DISBAND THE WHITE HOUSE PANDEMIC OFFICE AND OFFICIALS THAT WERE OFFICE AND OFFICIALS THAT WERE WORKING IN THAT OFFICE LEFT THIS WORKING IN THAT OFFICE LEFT THIS ADMINISTRATION ABRUPTLY ADMINISTRATION ABRUPTLY SO WHAT RESPONSIBILITY DO YOU SO WHAT RESPONSIBILITY DO YOU TAKE TO THAT, AND THE OFFICIALS TAKE TO THAT, AND THE OFFICIALS THAT WORKED IN THAT OFFICE SAID THAT WORKED IN THAT OFFICE SAID THAT THE WHITE HOUSE LOST THAT THE WHITE HOUSE LOST VALUABLE TIME BECAUSE THAT VALUABLE TIME BECAUSE THAT OFFICE WAS DISBANDED

OFFICE WAS DISBANDED WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF THAT? WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF THAT? >> WELL, I JUST THINK IT’S A >> WELL, I JUST THINK IT’S A NASTY QUESTION NASTY QUESTION WHEN YOU SAY ME, I DIDN’T DO IT WHEN YOU SAY ME, I DIDN’T DO IT

WE HAVE A GROUP OF PEOPLE WE HAVE A GROUP OF PEOPLE I COULD ASK PERHAPS MY I COULD ASK PERHAPS MY ADMINISTRATION, BUT I COULD ADMINISTRATION, BUT I COULD PERHAPS ASK TONY ABOUT THAT PERHAPS ASK TONY ABOUT THAT BECAUSE I DON’T KNOW ANYTHING BECAUSE I DON’T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT ABOUT IT YOU SAY WE DID THAT

YOU SAY WE DID THAT I DON’T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT I DON’T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT >> NOW, THAT WOULD SEEM TO >> NOW, THAT WOULD SEEM TO CONTRADICT WHAT TRUMP SAID CONTRADICT WHAT TRUMP SAID NEARLY A MONTH AGO WHEN HE WAS NEARLY A MONTH AGO WHEN HE WAS ASKED ABOUT CUTS TO FEDERAL ASKED ABOUT CUTS TO FEDERAL AGENCIES THAT WERE TASKED WITH AGENCIES THAT WERE TASKED WITH RESPONDING TO PUBLIC HEALTH RESPONDING TO PUBLIC HEALTH CRISES CRISES

>> SOME OF THE PEOPLE WE CUT, >> SOME OF THE PEOPLE WE CUT, THEY HAVEN’T BEEN USED FOR MANY, THEY HAVEN’T BEEN USED FOR MANY, MANY YEARS, AND IF WE EVER NEED MANY YEARS, AND IF WE EVER NEED THEM, WE CAN GET THEM VERY THEM, WE CAN GET THEM VERY QUICKLY QUICKLY AND RATHER THAN SPENDING THE AND RATHER THAN SPENDING THE MONEY — AND I’M A BUSINESS MONEY — AND I’M A BUSINESS PERSON PERSON I DON’T LIKE HAVING THOUSANDS OF I DON’T LIKE HAVING THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE AROUND WHEN YOU DON’T PEOPLE AROUND WHEN YOU DON’T NEED THEM

NEED THEM WHEN WE NEED THEM, WE CAN GET WHEN WE NEED THEM, WE CAN GET THEM BACK VERY QUICKLY THEM BACK VERY QUICKLY >> HOPEFULLY >> HOPEFULLY

MEANWHILE "THE WASHINGTON POST" MEANWHILE "THE WASHINGTON POST" REPORTS A SECOND PERSON WHO REPORTS A SECOND PERSON WHO VISITED PRESIDENT TRUMP’S VISITED PRESIDENT TRUMP’S PRIVATE MAR-A-LAGO ESTATE LAST PRIVATE MAR-A-LAGO ESTATE LAST WEEKEND HAS TESTED POSITIVE FOR WEEKEND HAS TESTED POSITIVE FOR CORONAVIRUS CORONAVIRUS THE FIRST TO TEST POSITIVE WAS THE FIRST TO TEST POSITIVE WAS THE PRESS SECRETARY TO THE THE PRESS SECRETARY TO THE BRAZILIAN PRESIDENT, WHO WAS BRAZILIAN PRESIDENT, WHO WAS FOCUSED WITH TRUMP AT MAR-A-LAGO FOCUSED WITH TRUMP AT MAR-A-LAGO ON SATURDAY ON SATURDAY TODAY WAS ASKED ABOUT THAT TODAY WAS ASKED ABOUT THAT INTERACTION

INTERACTION >> THE PERSON YOU WERE STANDING >> THE PERSON YOU WERE STANDING NEXT TO, WHETHER YOU KNOW WHO HE NEXT TO, WHETHER YOU KNOW WHO HE IS OR NOT, TESTED POSITIVE FOR IS OR NOT, TESTED POSITIVE FOR CORONAVIRUS CORONAVIRUS DR FAUCI SAID THIS MORNING IF DR

FAUCI SAID THIS MORNING IF YOU STAND NEXT TO SOMEBODY WHO YOU STAND NEXT TO SOMEBODY WHO TESTED POSITIVE, YOU SHOULD TESTED POSITIVE, YOU SHOULD SELF-ISOLATE AND GET A TEST SELF-ISOLATE AND GET A TEST YOU SAY YOUR WHITE HOUSE DOCTOR YOU SAY YOUR WHITE HOUSE DOCTOR IS TELLING YOU SOMETHING IS TELLING YOU SOMETHING DIFFERENT DIFFERENT WHO SHOULD AMERICANS LISTEN TO? WHO SHOULD AMERICANS LISTEN TO? AND MY SECOND QUESTION — AND MY SECOND QUESTION — >> I THINK THEY HAVE TO LISTEN >> I THINK THEY HAVE TO LISTEN TO THEIR DOCTORS, AND I THINK TO THEIR DOCTORS, AND I THINK THEY SHOULDN’T BE JUMPING TO GET THEY SHOULDN’T BE JUMPING TO GET THE TEST UNLESS IT’S NECESSARY

THE TEST UNLESS IT’S NECESSARY SOMEBODY SAID THERE’S A PICTURE SOMEBODY SAID THERE’S A PICTURE OF SOMEBODY TAKING A PICTURE OF SOMEBODY TAKING A PICTURE WITH ME, BUT I HAVEN’T SEEN IT WITH ME, BUT I HAVEN’T SEEN IT BUT I — BUT I — >> DR FAUCI SAID YOU MIGHT HAVE >> DR

FAUCI SAID YOU MIGHT HAVE IT EVEN IF YOU DON’T HAVE IT EVEN IF YOU DON’T HAVE SYMPTOMS SYMPTOMS ARE YOU BEING SELFISH BY NOT ARE YOU BEING SELFISH BY NOT GETTING — GETTING — >> I DIDN’T SAY I WASN’T GOING >> I DIDN’T SAY I WASN’T GOING TO BE TESTED TO BE TESTED >> ARE YOU GOING TO BE? >> ARE YOU GOING TO BE? >> MOST LIKELY, YEAH

>> MOST LIKELY, YEAH NOT FOR THAT REASON, BUT BECAUSE NOT FOR THAT REASON, BUT BECAUSE I THINK I WILL DO IT ANYWAY I THINK I WILL DO IT ANYWAY >> WILL YOU LET US KNOW YOUR >> WILL YOU LET US KNOW YOUR RESULTS? RESULTS? >> WE’RE WORKING OUT A SCHEDULE >> WE’RE WORKING OUT A SCHEDULE

>> ALL RIGHT >> ALL RIGHT TODAY MIAMI MAYOR FRANCES SUAREZ TODAY MIAMI MAYOR FRANCES SUAREZ ANNOUNCED THAT HE TOO HAS TESTED ANNOUNCED THAT HE TOO HAS TESTED POSITIVE FOR COVID-19 AFTER POSITIVE FOR COVID-19 AFTER MEETING WITH THAT SAME BRAZILIAN MEETING WITH THAT SAME BRAZILIAN DELEGATION AT MAR-A-LAGO THIS DELEGATION AT MAR-A-LAGO THIS WEEKEND WEEKEND SUAREZ IS NOW CURRENTLY SUAREZ IS NOW CURRENTLY QUARANTINED AT HOME

QUARANTINED AT HOME THE CORONAVIRUS IS AFFECTING THE THE CORONAVIRUS IS AFFECTING THE POLITICAL LIFE OF THE NATION IN POLITICAL LIFE OF THE NATION IN OTHER WAYS AS WELL OTHER WAYS AS WELL LOUISIANA IS THE FIRST STATE TO LOUISIANA IS THE FIRST STATE TO POSTPONE ITS PRESIDENTIAL POSTPONE ITS PRESIDENTIAL PRIMARIES BECAUSE OF THE PRIMARIES BECAUSE OF THE CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK

IT WILL PUSH BACK ITS IT WILL PUSH BACK ITS PRESIDENTIAL NOMINATING CONTEST PRESIDENTIAL NOMINATING CONTEST TO JUNE 20th FROM THE ORIGINAL TO JUNE 20th FROM THE ORIGINAL DATE OF APRIL 4th DATE OF APRIL 4th ELECTION OFFICIALS IN ARIZONA, ELECTION OFFICIALS IN ARIZONA, ILLINOIS, AND OHIO, ALL OF WHICH ILLINOIS, AND OHIO, ALL OF WHICH HOLD PRIMARIES THIS TUESDAY, HOLD PRIMARIES THIS TUESDAY, ISSUED A STATEMENT TODAY SAYING ISSUED A STATEMENT TODAY SAYING THE POLLS WILL BE OPEN, AND THEY THE POLLS WILL BE OPEN, AND THEY ARE TAKING PRECAUTIONS TO ARE TAKING PRECAUTIONS TO PROTECT VOTERS PROTECT VOTERS AND IN WYOMING, ITS DEMOCRATIC AND IN WYOMING, ITS DEMOCRATIC PARTY CANCELED THE IN-PERSON PARTY CANCELED THE IN-PERSON PORTION OF ITS UPCOMING CAUCUS

PORTION OF ITS UPCOMING CAUCUS ONE UNIVERSAL SIGN THAT THE ONE UNIVERSAL SIGN THAT THE VIRUS HAS UPENDED THE DAILY LIFE VIRUS HAS UPENDED THE DAILY LIFE OF THE NATION, THE MILLIONS OF OF THE NATION, THE MILLIONS OF KIDS WHO WILL BE OUT OF SCHOOL KIDS WHO WILL BE OUT OF SCHOOL AS THE WEEK BEGINS ON MONDAY AS THE WEEK BEGINS ON MONDAY WE’LL GET TO OUR LEADOFF WE’LL GET TO OUR LEADOFF DISCUSSION IN JUST A MOMENT, BUT DISCUSSION IN JUST A MOMENT, BUT FIRST I’M JOINED FROM CAPITOL FIRST I’M JOINED FROM CAPITOL HILL BY CONGRESSWOMAN KIM HILL BY CONGRESSWOMAN KIM SHARAIIER, A MEMBER OF THE HOUSE SHARAIIER, A MEMBER OF THE HOUSE EDUCATION AND LABOR COMMITTEES EDUCATION AND LABOR COMMITTEES

CONGRESSWOMAN, THANK YOU FOR CONGRESSWOMAN, THANK YOU FOR BEING WITH US THIS EVENING BEING WITH US THIS EVENING >> THANK YOU, ALI >> THANK YOU, ALI IT’S GOING TO BE HERE

IT’S GOING TO BE HERE >> A NUMBER OF THINGS HAVE >> A NUMBER OF THINGS HAVE DEVELOPED TODAY DEVELOPED TODAY THE FIRST THING I WANT TO ASK THE FIRST THING I WANT TO ASK YOU ABOUT IS THE PRESIDENT’S YOU ABOUT IS THE PRESIDENT’S DECLARATION OF AN EMERGENCY, AN DECLARATION OF AN EMERGENCY, AN ACTUAL EMERGENCY WITH RESPECT TO ACTUAL EMERGENCY WITH RESPECT TO THIS THIS

DO YOU THINK THE TONE COMING DO YOU THINK THE TONE COMING FROM THE WHITE HOUSE HAS CHANGED FROM THE WHITE HOUSE HAS CHANGED TO YOUR SATISFACTION? TO YOUR SATISFACTION? >> WELL, FIRST OF ALL, LET ME >> WELL, FIRST OF ALL, LET ME JUST SAY THAT THIS WAS THE FIRST JUST SAY THAT THIS WAS THE FIRST TIME I REALLY GOT THE IMPRESSION TIME I REALLY GOT THE IMPRESSION THAT OUR PRESIDENT UNDERSTOOD THAT OUR PRESIDENT UNDERSTOOD THE GRAVITY OF THE SITUATION THE GRAVITY OF THE SITUATION WE’RE IN, AND I FELT THAT HE WAS WE’RE IN, AND I FELT THAT HE WAS MOVING US FORWARD MOVING US FORWARD I’M VERY HAPPY THAT WE HAVE THIS I’M VERY HAPPY THAT WE HAVE THIS NOW AS A NATIONAL EMERGENCY NOW AS A NATIONAL EMERGENCY OUR STATE HAS NEEDED THIS FOR A OUR STATE HAS NEEDED THIS FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS

COUPLE OF WEEKS IT WILL OPEN UP RESOURCES SO IT WILL OPEN UP RESOURCES SO THAT WE HAVE MONEY TO HELP WITH THAT WE HAVE MONEY TO HELP WITH TESTING, WITH PEOPLE, WITH BEING TESTING, WITH PEOPLE, WITH BEING ABLE TO EVEN SET UP TESTING ABLE TO EVEN SET UP TESTING AREAS THAT ARE OUTSIDE OF AREAS THAT ARE OUTSIDE OF HOSPITALS HOSPITALS AND IT WILL RELAX SOME OF THE AND IT WILL RELAX SOME OF THE REGULATIONS THAT HAVE REALLY REGULATIONS THAT HAVE REALLY KIND OF TIED OUR HANDS BEHIND KIND OF TIED OUR HANDS BEHIND OUR BACKS OUR BACKS

>> ALL RIGHT >> ALL RIGHT AND THEN THE OTHER THING THAT’S AND THEN THE OTHER THING THAT’S HAPPENED IS WHERE YOU ARE, AT HAPPENED IS WHERE YOU ARE, AT CONGRESS, WHERE THERE HAS BEEN CONGRESS, WHERE THERE HAS BEEN AGREEMENT THAT SPEAKER PELOSI AGREEMENT THAT SPEAKER PELOSI WAS WORKING WITH THE TREASURY WAS WORKING WITH THE TREASURY SECRETARY, MNUCHIN, WHICH IS SECRETARY, MNUCHIN, WHICH IS INTERESTING BECAUSE THEY SEEM TO INTERESTING BECAUSE THEY SEEM TO HAVE BEEN HAVING A PARALLEL HAVE BEEN HAVING A PARALLEL TRACK WHILE THE PRESIDENT STILL TRACK WHILE THE PRESIDENT STILL WASN’T COMING TO TERMS WITH WASN’T COMING TO TERMS WITH THIS THIS THEY CAME TO AN ARRANGEMENT

THEY CAME TO AN ARRANGEMENT IT WAS THEN WORKED OUT WITH IT WAS THEN WORKED OUT WITH REPUBLICAN LEADERSHIP REPUBLICAN LEADERSHIP THAT’S A SEPARATE SET OF THAT’S A SEPARATE SET OF INITIATIVES INITIATIVES

TELL ME HOW THAT IS GOING TO TELL ME HOW THAT IS GOING TO HELP AMERICANS HELP AMERICANS >> WELL, THIS IS SO IMPORTANT >> WELL, THIS IS SO IMPORTANT FIRST I JUST WANT TO SAY IT IS FIRST I JUST WANT TO SAY IT IS REALLY NICE TO SEE THAT WE CAN REALLY NICE TO SEE THAT WE CAN COME TOGETHER, DEMOCRATS, COME TOGETHER, DEMOCRATS, REPUBLICANS, AND OUR PRESIDENT REPUBLICANS, AND OUR PRESIDENT AND GET THINGS DONE ON BEHALF OF AND GET THINGS DONE ON BEHALF OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE

THE AMERICAN PEOPLE THIS IS SO IMPORTANT THIS IS SO IMPORTANT DISEASES SPREAD, AND THEY SPREAD DISEASES SPREAD, AND THEY SPREAD QUICKLY, AND WE’RE SEEING THAT QUICKLY, AND WE’RE SEEING THAT THIS ONE SPREADS EVEN BEFORE THIS ONE SPREADS EVEN BEFORE PEOPLE HAVE SYMPTOMS PEOPLE HAVE SYMPTOMS

AND SO WE’RE REALLY ASKING AND SO WE’RE REALLY ASKING EXTRAORDINARY THINGS FROM OUR EXTRAORDINARY THINGS FROM OUR CITIZENS CITIZENS WE’RE ASKING PEOPLE TO STAY HOME WE’RE ASKING PEOPLE TO STAY HOME FROM WORK WHEN THEY MIGHT FROM WORK WHEN THEY MIGHT NORMALLY NOT NORMALLY NOT WE’RE ASKING THEM TO QUARANTINE WE’RE ASKING THEM TO QUARANTINE FOR 14 DAYS AFTER EXPOSURE

FOR 14 DAYS AFTER EXPOSURE WE’RE ASKING THEM TO HAVE THEIR WE’RE ASKING THEM TO HAVE THEIR CHILDREN AT HOME AND CLOSING CHILDREN AT HOME AND CLOSING SCHOOLS SCHOOLS AND IF WE’RE GOING TO MAKE THOSE AND IF WE’RE GOING TO MAKE THOSE ASKS, WE NEED TO MAKE SURE THAT ASKS, WE NEED TO MAKE SURE THAT WE GIVE PEOPLE THE RESOURCES TO WE GIVE PEOPLE THE RESOURCES TO DO IT, THAT WE HAVE EXTENDED DO IT, THAT WE HAVE EXTENDED SICK LEAVE, THAT WE HAVE PAID SICK LEAVE, THAT WE HAVE PAID FAMILY LEAVE FAMILY LEAVE

AND EVEN THAT WE MAKE THE AND EVEN THAT WE MAKE THE TESTING FREE, WHICH WAS MY PART TESTING FREE, WHICH WAS MY PART OF THIS BILL

Source: Youtube

This div height required for enabling the sticky sidebar