- AT&T’s HBO Max will price $15 month-to-month — the equal price HBO’s streaming service payments now — when it launches subsequent Can even, the agency introduced when it unveiled the service at an investor event on Tuesday.
- The telecom will even supply the service free to recent HBO Now subscribers, and plans to bundle the platform with completely different AT&T decisions.
- Seek the advice of with Trade Insider’s homepage for extra stories.
HBO Max, AT&T’s acknowledge to Netflix, will price $15 month-to-month — the equal price HBO’s streaming service payments now —when it launches within the US in Can even 2020, the agency introduced on Tuesday.
The telecom provided a first-rate study the streaming-video service at its WarnerMedia Day investor event on its Warner Bros. lot in Burbank, California.
John Stankey, CEO of WarnerMedia and AT&T’s president and chief working officer, unveiled the platform alongside WarnerMedia’s excessive brass, led by Robert Greenblatt, chair of WarnerMedia Leisure and Educate-to-Particular person.
The service will embody the beefy HBO library from “The Sopranos” to “Sport of Thrones,” programming from completely different WarnerMedia manufacturers admire Warner Bros. and Turner, and basic assortment admire “Mates” and “The Astronomical Bang Principle.” This might maybe additionally furthermore safe originals made appropriate for the platform.
HBO Max will price $14.99 month-to-month when it launches within the US in Can even 2020, the equal price the standalone HBO Now app payments on the fashionable time. Up to date HBO Now subscribers will earn earn entry to to HBO Max when it launches, the agency acknowledged.
The fee is fairly of higher than the $13 month-to-month price stage that Netflix’s most conventional opinion payments within the US.
AT&T goals to land 50 million US subscribers for HBO Max by 2025.
AT&T additionally acknowledged it plans to supply its HBO subscribers, and subscribers to its TV, cell, and broadband bundle, earn entry to to the service with out spending a dime. And the agency plans to bundle HBO Max with its upcoming cyber web-based completely pay-TV service, AT&T TV, which is anticipated to roll out nationwide early subsequent 365 days.
In 2021, AT&T will roll ad-supported programming into HBO Max. It additionally goals to herald keep, interactive, and completely different occasions down the road.
The WarnerMedia specialists touted the storied legacy of its Warner Bros. studio, its high worth community HBO, and Turner manufacturers, on the presentation, as neatly as the size and attain of telecom mom or father AT&T.
“In the event you keep in a world with dragons admire Netflix, Amazon, and Apple, it feels very appropriate to safe one among your individual within the recreation,” Greenblatt acknowledged. “Welcome to dwelling AT&T.”
- Learn Trade Insider Excessive’s safety of the governmentteam primary HBO Max:
- Meet the 12 power gamers working HBO Max, AT&T’s mountainous wager to achieve on Netflix and Disney Plus.